Have Custom HTML Creative but creative won't show | XM Community
Solved

Have Custom HTML Creative but creative won't show

• 13 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10
Hi everyone,

We have a custom HTML creative solution that is pointing to a div container via a hyperlink, and we may have to deactivate the current creative & survey and put a notification through to that div container instead, but I can't seem to find the best way to do it.

My first instinct was to create a new Custom HTML creative to point to that div container (and switching the original one off). This creative would just have the notification message and some branding, but wouldn't click to anything. Unfortunately that didn't seem to work, but I'm not sure I'm setting it up correctly. Currently I have a Custom HTML creative set to "Replace target container contents", and then my intercept is set to pull this creative and is set to come up in the appropriate div ID.

Does anyone know if this is possible with that type of creative? I know it is possible to do notifications with sliders, etc., but I'm trying to leverage the current set up as this would be something we need to switch on at a moments notice, so I can't involve any dev work to remove the container, etc. Essentially I'm hoping to go this way as to not have to either show the user a blank window if they click the hyperlink, or do it via survey as I'd be using up responses for nothing.

Thanks!

Kristy
icon

Best answer by KristyP 24 September 2018, 23:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
👋🏻 Kristy,

You can use hove over text also to show additional information
Userlevel 2
Badge +10
Thanks @Priyanka_jain - wasn't what I was going for but appreciate your help! In the end I found a way to just hide the next button so that when the user gets the notice they can just close the window and I don't incur any response counts against the view, so it all worked out :)

Thanks again!

Leave a Reply