How best do I export a copy of my Qualtrics survey to be included in an appendix of a report. | XM Community
Solved

How best do I export a copy of my Qualtrics survey to be included in an appendix of a report.

• 14 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I have developed a survey for the purpose of data collection within the context of occupational-health research. Due to the complexity of occupational histories of the potential participants, the survey is made up of 180+ questions across 27 blocks (however each participant may only view a small proportion of these question based on previous responses). The questionnaire works well by extensive use of display and branch logic, carry forward statements and scale points, and piped text. The problem arises when it comes time to include a copy of the questionnaire in the appendix of an upcoming report or research publication. The 'Export Survey to Word...' leaves produces a long document which includes piped text for most of the answers - this doesn't mean much to be understood for the Qualtrics-naive reader.
Is there a more effective way to export or display my questionnaire for this purpose without leading to unnecessary confusion?

Thanks,
Rex
icon

Best answer by Sona 14 September 2018, 03:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There are 2 ways through which you can export the survey (questionnaire)

Word: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/import-and-export-surveys/#ExportingaSurveyasaWordDocument

(You can remove the display logic and survey flow, however, piped-text doesn't seem to be removable since its a code. Once, the questionnaire is exported then you can find and replace that with specific text)

PDF: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/print-survey/#Introduction
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hey @RexP ,

@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam is right, you can use second option to print the survey and then change it to save as pdf in the print option. Convert this pdf to word using online convertors and now you can modify word according to your requirement.
Thank you for your help @Sona and @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam
I think the best option, at this stage, is to use the 'Print Survey...' to print it to a pdf is a size which includes all questions (there are so large matrix tables with display logic so this is A2 at 40% scale) and then use pdf editor (or convert to word and back) to edit the piped text for generic options which make more sense to a reader.

Thank you again!
Rex

Leave a Reply