Is there a way to randomize blocks but keep constant blocks within the randomization? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to randomize blocks but keep constant blocks within the randomization?

• 15 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello,

First time poster so forgive me if I'm not asking this correctly...
I'm making a survey in which I want participants to see 12 randomized blocks. As they're going through the survey I want them to be able to keep track of how many blocks they've gone through (in addition to the progress bar). There's a lot of content they have to go through, so I'm hoping that telling them that they'll go through 12 and letting them know which number they're on will help keep them oriented.

Is there a way set it up so that I'll have constant blocks telling them their progress within the actual content blocks that are randomized? Something like: "You're on block 1" > see one of the randomized 12 blocks > "You're on block 2" > see the second randomized block of 12 > "You're on block 3" > etc.

There are 12 randomized blocks and I want them to evenly see all 12. So the blocks keeping track of the block number they're on will stay constant but the block they see next (with the actual survey content) will always be randomized. Hoping this makes sense. Any help is largely appreciated!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 15 September 2018, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
If we put all blocks in randomizer and select evenly present all blocks we can randomize them
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
To acheive this constant statement in begining of every block please add descriptive text you are on block 1..... so on. Doing so blocks get randomiZed but the constant text remain same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hi @vkcastro ,

Block added within main blocks will not get randomizer when you are randimizining your 12 main blocks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @vkcastro

Please refer to this discussion, I believe what @akshay11 has suggested should work fine for you.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/5907#Comment_5907

Leave a Reply