Delete file upload after it's been uploaded? | XM Community
Solved

Delete file upload after it's been uploaded?

• 18 September 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
A customer asks if users can delete the files they uploaded before submitting the form. This might be a case where they uploaded the wrong files or changed their minds about sharing. I don't think this is an option, but thought I'd ask anyway.
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 18 September 2018, 14:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can send that respondent a retake link or retake as new response. When you click on arrow on right in data analysis for that user you will get link there.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@bansalpeeyush29 Thank you.
Badge +1
How do you delete an uploaded file when using the retake link? I need to delete the original upload, and replace it with another uploaded file. Thx.
Can you change a file in the file upload question once a respondent has already uploaded a file. Then they discover they uploaded the wrong file.

Hello, I also have the same question: is there a way for the respondent to replace already uploaded file while taking the survey? It seems a bit of a round about to ask them to go ahead submitting the survey and to retake just to swap out the file, while knowing they uploaded the wrong file, especially in the case of the wrong file is confidential/personal.
Thank you!

Sabinna

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

There is no option to delete/remove a file from File Upload question in Qualtrics from the respondent side. This is a basic requirement and i dont know why it is missing in Qualtrics.
Is there is javascript code that can be used?

Badge

It is unconscionable that this feature doesn’t exist and we are still talking about it years later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It is unconscionable that this feature doesn’t exist and we are still talking about it years later.

Hello @juliemc, once a file is uploaded, it can only be removed by a respondent if the survey is using the simple layout. If you haven't already, I’d recommend reviewing this support page on File Upload Logic to help you get started. 🙂

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Leave a Reply