How To Use Qualtrics Community & Onboarding Challenge
How To Use Qualtrics Community & Onboarding Challenge
So you’re probably asking yourself “How does this whole community thing work?” That’s a great question, and fortunately, you’ve come to the right place for an answer. A few things you should know...
"What can I do here?"
- Ask questions! See that “Ask a Question” button? All you need to do is click that, assign your question a category, type your question, and then give additional details/context about your question.
- Answer questions! Your comrades want your help. Browse the categories to see if there are any questions you would like to answer, or you can select “Unanswered Questions” to see a list of all the questions you could give an answer to. Feels good helping others, doesn’t it?
- Get an “Accepted” answer! You gave a great answer, so you should be recognized for it. If the person who originally asked the question marks your response as answering their question, you’ll be rewarded for it. So, give great answers and make it rain points!
- Participate in discussions! We know you have some awesome ideas, so feel free to start or jump in on conversations. If you don’t have a specific question and just want to chat with people about some ideas, go ahead and start a discussion. All you need to do is click the dropdown arrow on the “Ask a Question” button to see the “New Discussion” option instead. As always, assign your discussion a category, give it a title, and then provide some additional information/context.
- React to posts! It can be hard to express your feelings online, so that’s why we have reactions. “Upvote” posts if you have the same question, think an answer should be given more visibility, or just want to give someone props. “Downvote” posts if you think they don’t hit the mark. If something really doesn’t hit the mark, be sure to “Flag” it and we’ll review it. If someone brought a valuable idea to the table, gave you the best solution ever, or made you laugh, reward them with the “Genius” or “Ha!” reaction. And if you’re just really confused, feel free to react with “Huh?”.
- Earn badges! You can see here what badges you can earn.
To get started, complete our Onboarding Challenge!
To help you learn how to use the community, we challenge you to complete the following four tasks. For each task you complete, you will earn a badge worth 5 points. Once you complete all of the tasks, you will receive a final completion badge.
- Profile Task: Upload a profile picture, fill out your profile fields, and set your notification settings. Request the Profile Perfector badge when you have completed this task. Watch the following video to learn more about your profile.
- Introduction Task: Introduce yourself on the Community Introductions post. Request the Icebreaker badge when you have completed this task. Watch the following video to learn more about discussion threads.
- Question/Discussion Task: Post a quality question or discussion. Request the First Conversation badge when you have completed this task. Watch the following video to learn more about asking questions and starting discussions.
- First Answer: Answer another user's question and have your answer accepted. The First Answer badge will be automatically assigned to you once you answer is accepted. Watch the following video to learn more about accepted answers.
Once you achieve all of these badges, request the Onboarding Achiever badge to be recognized for knowing how the community works inside and out.
A few things to keep in mind...
- You really want to try to ask your questions/start discussions in the right category. If you do this, you’ll be more likely to get an answer quickly. Why, you ask? Let’s look at an example involving our Employee Engagement and Site Intercept products. Employee Engagement allows you to build dashboards based on employee feedback. Site Intercept, on the other hand, lets you deploy creative popovers and feedback tabs on your brand's website. The two couldn't be more dissimilar, so imagine posting Site Intercept questions on the Employee Engagement category, or vice versa! You'll want to make sure you place your question/discussion in the correct category, so others can easily find and answer it.
- If someone answers your question, be sure to let everyone know if the solution worked. Marking a response to your question as “Yes, this answered my question” will reward that user with extra points. They helped you, so it’s always nice to return the favor with some extra points. Not to mention you may be helping others who have the same question by letting them know what worked for you. And don’t worry - you’ll get a notification in your account (or via your preferred method of notification that you set in your profile page) when someone responds to your question.
- You’ll want to fill out your profile and set your notification settings. This will give others a sense of your expertise and experience when they are reading your posts - the more information, the better! Your email will never be made public. You can also control what kinds activity you’ll be notified about and how you get notifications by selecting the “Notifications” section in your profile.
- We’re all just here to get some answers and advice, in addition to having a good time. That’s really what this is all about. We want to empower you all, by all being Qualtrics users, to connect with one another and be each other’s sounding boards, lifesavers, and senseis. We know you’re all pretty awesome and it really goes without saying, but let’s keep it fun, friendly, and empowering. Qualtrics will always have your back, so let’s all have each other’s.
If you have any other questions...
Feel free to comment right on this post - we’ll respond as soon as we can!