Screenout by Age in Textbox | XM Community
Solved

Screenout by Age in Textbox

• 20 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
Has anyone successfully used textboxes and embedded data to screen by a specific age group or set using survey flow? If so, can you share your solution?
icon

Best answer by Sowrabh1993 20 September 2018, 23:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
@manresaclara ,

Use branch logic in survey flow after question that if age is greater than your age group upper limit , add End of Survey element or other block inside branch logic
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @manresaclara ,
Could you help in explaining this with an example?
Why do you wish to use embedded data along with textbox?
Badge
> @Sowrabh1993 said:
> Hi @manresaclara ,
> Could you help in explaining this with an example?
> Why do you wish to use embedded data along with textbox?

Hi @Sowrabh1993, I want to have the participant enter their age, for example "25" rather than having them pick a category (e.g. 25 to 34) so that I can later get the average age of all participants. It would be helpful to use the embedded data to also recode the ages, and apply screenouts based on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@manresaclara,

Just require a number in your text entry field, then use greater than and less than in your screenout survey flow branch condition.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
@manresaclara ,
You could do that directly through the survey flow, by using a branch logic and checking the condition and screening out the response.
Also, i am not sure if I got you right for the reason of using embedded data.
But as far as I understood you could bucket the ages using embedded data.

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Program a single text entry numeric type question and define your minimum and maximum value a user can input.

And than in survey flow apply branching of non valid range and drop screenout element in this branch.

Leave a Reply