I tried setting passwords using the CSV upload, but it didn't work. | XM Community
Solved

I tried setting passwords using the CSV upload, but it didn't work.

• 29 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 24 replies
I tried setting passwords using the CSV upload, but it didn't work. I sent myself a test email and the password that was included in the email is not what I put in the CSV file. How do we make sure the password is set for each participant?
icon

Best answer by lillianc 3 December 2017, 01:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
When uploading the password, try to make sure that the password column is called "Password" and not something else like "UserPassword." Usually this allows the subject upload to automatically detect the password column.

A way to double check is when you preview the upload, make sure that the drop down menu item Password is highlighted. On a PC, you will know it's recognizing the password correctly because the text of the variable name will be in black font, just like all the other system variables like Email, FirstName, and LastName. Any custom variables you add will show up in blue font on a PC. When I've tested this on a Mac, there is no difference in color between system variables and custom variables - so be careful with that.

Leave a Reply