Custom message for a survey that has not started | XM Community
Solved

Custom message for a survey that has not started

• 27 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello, this is a 2 part question. I believe I solved the 1st part, but I will ask it anyway just to make sure I am approaching it correctly.

Pt1
Is using the survey expiration dropdowns the best approach for having the survey start at a particular time? I would like to send an invite email via Qualtrics ahead of time while the survey is inactive until the desired start time.

Pt2
With the above mentioned solution, the message participants will receive on their screen if starting the survey before the expiration time frame is "Sorry, this has not started." Is there anyway to customize this message?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 September 2018, 23:48

View original

1 reply

Hello @racsam ,

Didn't find any customization for message, but other workaround can be:

Create a branch logic as the first element of survey flow, where you need to compare dates as shown in this post if the current date is not in the range then add a block with descriptive type question (describe your custom message in this question) and add following js to js(onReady) question: `jQuery("#Buttons").hide();`

The above code will hide the next button and hence the scenario will be same as default message

Leave a Reply