Attach File Upload result to Email Trigger | XM Community
Solved

Attach File Upload result to Email Trigger

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello all,

Is there, in a survey that contains a File Upload question, a way to attach the actual uploaded file to the message fired by an email trigger?

I know you can include a direct download link in the trigger message as an Embedded Data field (as well as a filename and the size of the file), and that's over half the battle, but what about going beyond that and just putting it in there?

Also, I know File Upload files can be up to 100MB and unwieldy for email, but suppose, for the purpose of this exercise, that these uploads were small and manageable and did not contain viruses.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 2 October 2018, 01:31

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
As of now, we can only provide the link of the file (through which user can download the file) but not explicitly attach it in the email.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thank for for confirming, @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam!
Badge +1
@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam I have a related question... when I attach a PDF, receive the triggered email, and click on the link to download it, I get a warning that Qualtrics is NOT safe. Not even with a caveat! It just says Qualtrics is NOT safe - do you want to continue? I don't want my respondents to think I'm using a phishing site! How do I verify Qualtrics as a safe source?
Userlevel 3
Badge
> @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam said:
> As of now, we can only provide the link of the file (through which user can download the file) but not explicitly attach it in the email.

How such a link can be added to the email trigger?
Seeing as this was answered over a year ago, is there any update to this? Has anyone got a workaround for attaching uploads as attachments rather than links (which require login to Qualtrics for download)?

Thanks!
I would also be interested in knowing whether there is an updated response for this question or a workaround for forwarding uploaded files as attachments (vs only getting links). An obvious workaround would be that someone downloads the files and attaches them to a separate email, which sort of negates the convenience of an email trigger.

Also, I believe an email trigger can be set up to go to any email address; however, does the recipient need a Qualtrics account to view the uploaded file that is linked? Seems reasonable...

Thank you!
I, too, am looking for an answer for this!
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Just found out about this and not being able to attach the files (photos) from my survey to the email trigger response as an attachment 😞 It is a big disadvantage for us, as I am using email triggers to send the survey responses to various vendors about issues with their products.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
@TeachMeQualtrics @Deb_UWPlatt @MissJ Not sure if you've noticed this or not, but I realized today that you have to disable/uncheck "Secure Participants' Files" in the Survey Options area. This way, your email recipients can still access the file via the link, but won't need a Qualtrics account to view.
@VickyB - Thank you for the heads-up! I will definitely try this out as a solution to the missing 'attach to email' option (which would still be the ideal solution for us). Thanks again!
Badge

+1 for sending the uploaded file as an attachement via an email trigger.

How long are the links to uploaded files valid for?

Thank you VickyB for the tip to disable "Secure participant files" so that photos in a file upload question can be shared with non-Qualtrics users via email triggers. This is exactly the solution I was looking for!

Badge

Also interested in having this option. Please go upvote this suggestion as this I think maybe the most streamlined way and could provide looping/bulk download.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/8240/provide-an-api-call-for-get-of-an-uploaded-file

Leave a Reply