Embedding NPS Question into External email (NOT using Qualtrics Platform) | XM Community
Solved

Embedding NPS Question into External email (NOT using Qualtrics Platform)

• 2 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi,

I'm trying to embed the below into an email we are sending out using Adobe Analytics platform and was hoping that someone could help me with it i.e what code will i need to use? I know that we can get the code from the source button in the Compose Email function in Qualtrics, but not too sure if it will work as the link is masked.

!
icon

Best answer by EmilyG 28 November 2018, 07:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Haven't tried this before, but no harm in trying... 🙂
Would also be interested in that topic. Is it possible to embed any single question in an email not sent out by the qualtrics emailing?
Badge
Yes, there is. I found out the hard way but you'll need to strip the html code at the back end of the email and embed it into an outlook email. It was quite complicated but managed to get there in the end.
@EmilyG : Thank you. But can you tell me where I can copy the HTML-code for a survey? Or do you mean to embed a whole Creative?
@mlagler: My company recently had to figure all of this out to create a Net Promoter Score survey in the footer of our emails, distributed through a third-party service. In order to do this correctly, you must first create an email distribution, and make sure to select the anonymous link option in the advanced settings. Send the email to an email that has a web-view client. In the web view client, you can right click the survey question in the received email and select "inspect". From there you can extract the code to embed in your own emails. What that will do is create an in-email survey question that, when a choice is selected, will open a browser with the survey you created and the answer is already selected. If you don't want your respondent to answer the question twice, in the Javascript portion of the survey question, in the addOnLoad function, copy and paste:

function eventFire(el, etype){
if (el.fireEvent) {
el.fireEvent('on' + etype);
} else {
var evObj = document.createEvent('Events');
evObj.initEvent(etype, true, false);
el.dispatchEvent(evObj);
}

This will tell the survey to automatically move to the next question.

Leave a Reply