Does Qualtrics still calculate 'predicted duration'? | XM Community
Solved

Does Qualtrics still calculate 'predicted duration'?

• 5 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hello -

I like to include an estimated completion time in our survey emails, but noticed that Qualtrics no longer auto-calculates this time in the home menu.

It used to be right here:

!

I know that I can manually calculate the predicted duration using this logic: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-checker/survey-methodology-compliance-best-practices/#PredictedDuration

But, am I missing a place where Qualtrics will calculate this for me?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 5 October 2018, 17:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You have to manually determine the duration by using formula like 1/2 median LOI and you can then use it in email text. Qualtrics doesn't auto calculate the estimated duration. But for completed records standard variable duration in seconds appear which you can use for calculating LOI
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @Taylor

It does show before you make your survey "Active".

Just try making a copy of the same project (which is active) and you should see the "estimated response time".

When calculating predicted duration does Qualtrics take branching into account? I have a survey that probably would be lengthy if it wasn't branched by individual departments using display logic. No department's graduating students will be asked to answer all questions. So, I'm kind of suspicious of the time it is giving me.

Badge

I realise this is an old thread, but it would be good if there was an understanding of where the duration information is displayed, if anyone knows please?
It used to show in the list of projects and even after copying an Active survey, as suggested by Mohammed, I can't see any duration information of this new survey.
I hope someone can clarify please. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

This information was hidden with the design of the new Projects page. I have a Product Idea post requesting that the information be made accessible again so that we don't have to try to calculate it ourselves. Qualtrics does still have the estimated duration somewhere behind the scenes (because it's available if the survey is TOO long and fails ExpertReview.

Badge

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 4.39.26 PM.jpg2022 Update - 2 Options to find this:
1) You should see a small white box labeled "ExpertReview score" with a lightbulb next to it. The button is just under the blue "Publish" button at the top of the right side of the screen. You will see a checklist menu with AI recommendations. Predicted Duration is in that checklist. Just to the left of the title, you will see an estimated min count.
2) Click on "Publish". This will not publish your survey, but take you to a pop-up with a final final checklist menu before you truly publish. This is the same ExpertReview score checklist as stated in option 1 above. In that menu includes the estimated duration based on your current draft survey.
The checklist also includes items such as survey design tips, accessibility tips, etc.

Badge +2

We just got this information from our TAM about predicted duration: There is unfortunately no further update-I'll reach back out to the PM, but the timing feature has been added to our product roadmap to re-implement it at some point in the next year.

Leave a Reply