Analytic Hierarchy Process in Qualtrics | XM Community

Analytic Hierarchy Process in Qualtrics

Hello,

I am trying to prepare an online survey, and one of the question would imply a valuation of approximately 20 to 25 criteria. I am planning to do this with the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) method, but I am not sure this can be done in Qualtrics. I want to create pairs, with a scale of 9 7 5 3 1 0 1 3 5 7 9. We would run a proportion of the pairs (assuming we have 25 criteria, there would be way too many pairs to run in a survey. I have two questions

- Is there a way I can create pair comparison with a semantic scale in Qualtrics?
- Is there a way to randomize the pairs each respondents would do, and to limit them to 40-50 (out of 100s).

Thanks

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
First you have to make all the possible combinations using your criterias and have to store them as embedded variables. And than you can randomly select say 50 out of 100 combinations for a user to get displayed.

Second you have to show first part of combination on left of scale question and second part to right if matrix to have scale in between. This can be done using java script.
Thanks! Is there a guide that would help with the java script?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@petersgu,

Do you want to do something like this?
!
Yes, that's exactly what I am trying to do. does it need to be done using JavaScript? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Yes, it requires JavaScript.
that's the format I'm going for as well. Anyone have the javascript to share?
Can someone share the javascript?
> @TomG said:
> Yes, it requires JavaScript.

Is it possible to see this javascript?
@TomG - I would also love to use this question format. Did you have javascript you could share?
> @TomG said:
> @petersgu,
>
> Do you want to do something like this?
> !
>

It would be very useful for my master's dissertation to use this. Is it possible to share the javascript?

Kind regards,

Philippe
Hi @TomG, is it available to share the script?

-Riza

> @TomG said:
> @petersgu,
>
> Do you want to do something like this?
> !
>
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @razmi said:
> Hi @TomG, is it available to share the script?
>
No, sorry. Others have paid for it so it wouldn't be fair to them.
Badge +5

Why not using a slider with custom scale and a recode on the selected answers. You could set the default position to be in the middle. Much easier than javascript. If you are randomizing the variables you might be able to also do this by modifying the conjoint analysis engine in Qualtrics.

Badge +5

Or a double ended LIkert if you have a manageable number of variables.

This program won't allow a custom scale, and am still trying to find anything that would go in here like a double ended Likert. I was able to do this in Survey Gizmo and I'm not succeeding in this platform.

Leave a Reply