"You have either already completed the survey or your session has expired" | XM Community
Solved

"You have either already completed the survey or your session has expired"

• 8 October 2018
  • 8 replies

I used email distribution and several of my respondents are receiving the message "You have either already completed the survey or your session has expired" . Under survey options, the partial completion was set as follows before the distribution: Record responses in progress 3 months after respondent's last activity. Any ideas why this is happening
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 25 October 2018, 22:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please follow below discussion:

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/2104#Comment_2104
I reviewed the the discussion section suggested. It indicated that the partial completion time frame be lengthened. But I had it set at 3 months prior to distributing the survey, the respondents are getting the message 1 week after they open the survey.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
It can be due to duplicate emails in your contact list. Check if all emails are unique.
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@MFallone do you have a survey expiration date set anywhere? For instance, under Survey Options or in the advanced options of the email you sent? Also, just to cover all the bases, did you check to be sure the respondent hadn't already completed the survey? I send out course evaluations via email and students get one email per class--sometimes they click on the link for a course they've already completed and get that message, not realizing they already took the survey.
Badge
SEEKING QUALTRICS GURU. This is a problem for us too. I have reviewed the other thread and it does not help. Our survey expiry date is late November. The partial completion setting was set to 3 months prior to distributing the survey because I did not want this to happen. Our distribution list consists of 37 individuals with 58 projects - a recipient may have more than one project. The survey uses embedded data to pipe in the project name so that recipients with multiple projects know which project they are completing the survey for. Each row of embedded data in the contact list has a unique recipientID though the same email address may be used multiple times and hence have multiple recipientIDs. I had prevent ballot stuffing checked at time of distribution as I wanted to ensure we only receive one submission per project even if the recipient decides to forward to somebody else on their team to complete. I would like to understand how to avoid links expiring as it is causing tension for recipients working in high pressure situations with tight deadlines needing to complete the survey at random times of night or day only to find the link has expired at a time when nobody is available to support them. Some recipients with multiple projects have some links expiring and their other links are still fine. Why?? I am not sure how to create a new link for the ones that have expired. Do I need to create a brand new contact list each time or is there a way I can issue just one of the multiple links for a single email address?
Badge
Further to the above I have added a new discussion here: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/2480/how-to-issue-new-not-expired-personal-link-for-contact-whose-survey-link-gives-expired-message#latest
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @kalimadden and @MFallone! There are a few different reasons why the survey link may expire! In both of your cases, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team. I believe they will best be able to answer your question and further troubleshoot each of your scenarios!
Badge +4

Hi

Did anyone have a good solution to this?

Experiencing the same issue and having to re-generate lots of links for frustrated customers. It is not an expiry date issue as have set it for 90 days but am having customers experience expiry issues after 3-4 days.

Is there a way to disable all of the expiry criteria e.g. date as well as if link is accessed via multiple devices (phone and laptop) or anything else?

Appreciate any help or tips.

Leave a Reply