I want to check if the person taking survey has java enabled on his browser or not. | XM Community
Solved

I want to check if the person taking survey has java enabled on his browser or not.

• 9 October 2018
  • 9 replies

I want to check if the person taking survey has java enabled on his browser or not. If not i dont want them to continue with the survey until they enable it.
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 29 October 2018, 16:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Add meta info question in your survey. This is hidden question

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/advanced/meta-info-question/
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Adding this question you will get variable javasupport in your data if it is 1 than java script is enabled.

JavaScript Support: “1” if the respondent had JavaScript enabled on their browser, and “0” if they didn’t.
i tried this but the system is not recording any data
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> Adding this question you will get variable javasupport in your data if it is 1 than java script is enabled.
>
> JavaScript Support: “1” if the respondent had JavaScript enabled on their browser, and “0” if they didn’t.

Why the system is not recording anything
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Have you analyzed and published survey after adding this question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
On taking preview link this question will appear on your screen.
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> Have you analyzed and published survey after adding this question.

I added the question in the beginning. Should i move it to another block. As after publishing its still not shows me any data
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
It should be at beginning. What values it is showing when you are taking preview link.
Can you share screen shot of this question on survey preview.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @KGParadigm! If your Metadata question is not displaying data, I would recommend reaching out to our Support team so they can further troubleshoot this! Once you have this information, you may be able to implement @bansalpeeyush29's recommendation!

Leave a Reply