Is there a way to use "recipient language" or "user language" as a filter in the dashboard? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to use "recipient language" or "user language" as a filter in the dashboard?

• 9 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
We have a few surveys that are in multiple languages, and our clients are asking if it's possible to see how many respondents took the survey in a given language. We've tried adding both values ("recipient language" and "user language") into the survey flow and then mapped to the dashboard, but it doesn't work. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks.
icon

Best answer by TomG 9 October 2018, 23:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Add the embedded variable Q_Language to the survey flow. It will capture the last language the recipient uses in the survey.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thank you, that worked!
Badge +1
HI,

Can you please let me know what should be the value set for Q_Language ? My survey is already closed is there a way we can figure out which language was chosen by the participant?
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi @salma2019. In your closed survey, you should be able to go to the Data & Analysis tab, click "Tools", "Choose Columns", "Survey Metadata", and then "User Language". I believe if you export the raw data the User Language will download as well. To get it in the dashboard, you just need to map it as a "Text Set", and then you can use it as a filter.

Leave a Reply