Send email at specific date/time based on contact list embedded data | XM Community
Solved

Send email at specific date/time based on contact list embedded data

• 10 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
I have a contact list with embedded data fields for `date` and `time`. I want to send out emails to each individual 24 hours in advance of the date/time in their contact list record. How can I do that?
icon

Best answer by TomG 11 October 2018, 17:18

View original

7 replies

Badge +2
Hi Andrew, This can be accomplished through the use of API. Use Get Contact API to fetch the date and time from the contact list and then use Create Survey Distribution API to send out the email invites (pass the date and time that is fetched from the Get Contact API and make necessary changes). Hope this helps.
Badge +1
Thanks Skulkarni2611 - I should have clarified, I'm looking for a way to have this occur automatically on uploading a contact list. The normal way I interact with the API is that I'll have a script, say in R or Python, that makes calls to API endpoints, but that means I'd need to make those API calls anytime I wanted to schedule new mailings. Is there a way to set up API instructions for custom date/time mailing to be triggered on the upload of new contact list information?

Not sure if that is different enough to constitute a separate question - if so I'm happy to open up a new thread. TIA
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@andrew_reece,

Unless you are using the API to upload contacts here isn't an automatic way for this to kick-off. If you are using the API to upload contacts then you could add scheduling of distributions to that. If you aren't using the API to upload contacts, you could automate it using the API with an independent script run after you upload contacts.

Did anyone answer this question? I would like to send out surveys just before graduate students take their examination. All are taken in the same month but at different dates and times. I'd like to upload the entire contact list and have it send the survey based on the date and time of their examination.....If I send them all at the beginning of the month, faculty will lose them in their emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/30358#Comment_30358You could create a sample for each of the dates/times, then schedule a distribution to each of the samples at the appropriate time.

There are 36 different dates and times.

Badge +2

BUMP on this question that appears not to have been fully answered.

If we wanted to send a follow-up survey exacly one month after participants completed the initial survey (they are quite spread out due to slow recruitment), could we include this information in the contact list and then distribute at a date/time specific to each person?

Thank you!

-Scott

Leave a Reply