Contact List "First Name" or "FirstName" | XM Community
Solved

Contact List "First Name" or "FirstName"

• 14 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
When importing a contact list in CSV, do the headings "First Name" and "Last Name" need a space between the words, or can they be run together as in "FirstName" and "LastName"? Will variations in either of the headings make a difference when using either piped text or when downloading an email history report?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 15 October 2018, 01:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
With space, it considers as "built-in" embedded data and without space, it considers as user-created embedded data.

For built-in embedded data please refer below:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data/#BuiltinEmbeddedData

Yes, while you piped-text for with space you should use built-in embedded data piped-text
and without space, you should use it as it is (embedded data)
Badge
So if I follow this correctly, I should use FirstName and LastName with no spaces as columns in my email contact list?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Yes you have to use without space in contact list FirstName and LastName .these are the standard variables for contact list and should be without space along with another variable Email. When you download distribution history or for piping purpose these will appear as you are passing in your contact list.
Badge
Thank you for both for the assistance.

Leave a Reply