Color question. | XM Community
Solved

Color question.

• 15 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
I want participants to choose their preferred color of the product. Is there a way to show them a color spectrum where they can choose their color instead of writing down its name?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 16 October 2018, 06:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
You can do this with a heat map or hot spot question type. You can create an image that has the colors displayed that you want them to chose from. With a hot spot, you have to define regions and it is reported with the region name you create. With a heat map you do not have to define regions, but you can.
Badge +1
Thank you. But they still can't choose a specific point in the hot spot, which is what I'm looking for.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I added regions to the first 4 boxes to this survey to give you an idea. I used the hot spot question type: https://concordiaplanservice.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_00o4u3gwZMP3IzP?Q_SurveyVersionID=current&Q_CHL=preview
Hello @MoFar ,

The following solution will capture hex code of color in data and analysis.

Create a "Text Entry" question type and paste the following code in the js(onReady) of the created question:

` jQuery("[id='QR~"+this.questionId+"']").attr({"type":"color","value":"#ff0000"}).css({"width":"15%","outline":"none"});`

Output
!
Badge +1
Thank you @MaryC .
@Shashi where should I exactly paste the code in :text entry" question?
> @MoFar said:
> Thank you @MaryC .
> @Shashi where should I exactly paste the code in :text entry" question?
>

Follow this page and paste code in the OnReady function
@Shashi this looks awesome but for some reason this does not work for me. I added the line of code but can only see the normal textbox when previewing the survey. I attached two screenshots - would very much appreciate if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks a lot in advance :)

!
!

Leave a Reply