Randomisation | XM Community
Solved

Randomisation

• 17 October 2018
  • 3 replies

I have 6 pairs of questions in which one in the pair refers to e.g. a meat dish and the other refers to e.g. a non meat dish, i want to randomly present each participant with 6 questions (one from each pairing) on the condition that they will overall get 3 random meaty and 3 random non meaty dishes without 2 from the same pair being used. Is this possible?
I cant seem to get both no double from a pair and 3 from each to happen together randomly?
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 1 November 2018, 20:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@FaizaAli can you do a screen shot of these questions? I'm having a hard time visualizing the setup...I can create a test on my end based on how you've got them setup.
So say the 6 nonmeat, meat pairs are

mushroom sandwich , mushroom burger
cauliflower slice, cauliflower steak
soy pieces, soy meatballs
butternut bake, butternut casserole
tofu bite, tofu sausage
brocolli stew, brocolli hotpot

So there are overall 12 dishes.

I want to present 1 of each of these dish pairs randomly (i.e show them mushroom sandwich then cauliflower steak then soy meatballs ...) so there is a total of 6 dish names presented to each participant. To make the study balanced i need to make sure each participant acts as their own control so they have 3 randomly from the nonmeat dish names and 3 randomly from the meat dish names. But to avoid any confounding issues i dont want any 2, both from the same pair, ie mushroom sandwich and burger to be presented to the same person.

Does that make sense? It's a lot of combinations so im not sure if i can set it up manually.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @FaizaAli! If you have not yet already, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team! They will be able to work with you in setting up your Survey Flow, which will probably include some Branch Logic and Randomizer elements!

Leave a Reply