Linking data of 1 survey to data of another | XM Community
Solved

Linking data of 1 survey to data of another

• 30 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello,

For my study i want to link data of one survey (trainers-survey) to the data filled in by their athletes which is in another survey.
Is this possible? And how could i do this?

can someone help me with this?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 30 October 2018, 16:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Do you have any field that connects two set of respondent that is is there any common variable between two surveys.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
You can do this in the advanced reports. The solution I'm proposing is very "brute force" and maybe someone has a better way.

If you build an advanced report in your trainer survey then you can use Advanced Reports to pull in data from your athletes survey by selecting that second survey as your data source (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/reports-module/reports-section/reports-visualizations/reports-visualizations-overview/).

If you want reports by trainer that shows their response and the athletes response for that trainer then you will need to apply filters to the report and/or widgets to narrow that down. The report level filters can be set by survey and will apply the widgets that pull data from that survey so you can use those to narrow down by trainer, but you will need a variable in your data that indicates the trainer identity whether that is an embedded field or a response to a question or a contact field, etc. (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/reports-module/reports-section/global-filters/)
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So, I have a survey that asks for a teacher recommendation (two different teachers).  The student provides the names and emails and I have set up a flow to send the teachers the teachers survey.  What I want to do is when the teachers responds (the students name is in the response), that I can link the responses to the student survey.  Can that be done automatically, or do I have to run a report to combine the information?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Flintstone81 

1. Create a embedded fields in students survey to hold the teachers survey response.
  2. Whenever you trigger the survey to teacher, include the Response ID as a query parameter in Teachers survey invite link. 
  3. Then, store this response id of student survey in teachers survey.
  4. Configure a workflow webserive task in teachers survey to update teachers survey response to student survey response using “api.qualtrics.com/daed82306b1ea-update-response” API whenever a teacher completes the survey.
  5. So, teachers response can be viewed in the students survey itself.

This will be a one time configuration which will automate the process going ahead. 

Badge

@Anushree @Flintstone81 I am a very new user to Qualtrics.  What I am trying to do is exactly what @Flintstone81 described where I have an application where a potential student lists 1-3 referees.  Then the workflow sends an email to complete a referee survey.  I see what you wrote above but can you please explain in more detail as I am having difficulty figuring it out.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Anushree , thanks for the response.  I am a bit lost on where to start.  I tried to embed fields in the student survey, but it is not doing what I want it to do.  Do you by any chance, have some step by step examples (maybe a survey that does what I am trying to do) that you could provide?

Leave a Reply