OptOut link for opting out of entire directory? | XM Community
Solved

OptOut link for opting out of entire directory?

• 6 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Greetings all, so we use a Survey to "register" our participants. So the actual "survey results" are never looked at--the answers to the survey questions are injected into our iQ Directory as embedded data fields. We then filter on these embedded data fields to create samples to survey. So, we recently updated our registration survey and I am getting ready to email the people we currently have in our directory a "please update your registration information" type email which will be an invite to the new registration survey (which again will just inject embedded data into iQ Directory).

The issue is that my OptOut link in the bottom of this email invite I'm sending has this code: ${l://OptOutLink?d=here}. If a person clicks this they are taken to the Qualtrics page which allows them to click a link to unsubscribe from that panel. There is a second link that allows them to be removed from ALL panels. When I tested this and clicked the first link, it does *not* opt me out in the Directory's "Opted In" column. It just changes my phone number to "-1". If I click the *second* link, it changes the Directory "Opted In" column to "No".

I feel like this is kind of sketchy as I feel like the opt out link for this "survey" should do the latter, not the former. Is there a different piped text code than "${l://OptOutLink?d=here}" that I can put in my invitation that would set them to "No" in the Opted In column in the Directory? I guess I'm saying that if this is a registration survey, the act of "opting out" would mean that people want to be fully opted out (i.e. not contacted by us at all) not still be opted IN with a phone number of "-1".

Or is this it in terms of opt out options and the recipient is responsible for hitting that second link? And so then I, as a matter of good practice and housekeeping, would just have to periodically delete everyone from the Directory that has a phone number equal to "-1" and, in the in-between times, make sure I'm using a sample filter similar to "phone number NOT equal to -1"?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 12 November 2018, 09:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, currently this is what we have in Qualtrics. There is no direct way of opting out directly from Directory level. The user will have to select the link from which they want to opt out.

You can register this as a feature request to Qualtrics support... such as, there should be an auto trigger on "opt out" which allow us to add a condition like if any user opt-out from certain mailing list then "opt out" them from the directory level as well...
Is the above issue is resolved ? Or any directory level opt out option is added ?
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
This is a problem that I am facing too as there is an ambiguity on Opt-outs due to the 2 different options provided to the respondent. I have already raised a feature request to be able to provide only 1 unsubscribe option and it gets recorded in the IQDirectory. But I am yet to hear back from the Qualtrics Engineering team. Was your issue resolved? And if so, what was the approach taken?
Badge

I have a similar issue as above. We use segments to send, manage and communicate across APIs to other systems. We need the ability in the invite and at the end of the survey to allow users to Opt-out of the directory and not the panel.
In our instance we need the ability to see the opt-out within the segment as we pull the segment from Qualtrics and only want to pull those who have remained opted-in so we can send that data to our internally reporting to report on representation as well as provide that information to other systems.
Currently there is no way to see a list of the opt-in/out statuses without clicking on each individual and the export only shows last actions as the column for opt-in and opt-out isn't a column in the data set.
We need the capability to opt-out of a directory from a single link. Its poor usability to ask users to click twice to be removed.

Badge +48

If you haven’t already, we’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. If you’re not sure how to post your idea, check out our Ideation Guidelines and our Policy & Procedures posts 😁

Badge +1

Hello all,

has this feature been introduced yet? We also want to make it as easy as possible for our customers to opt-out globally and do not cause any inconvenience. 

Thanks in advance :) 

Badge

Same—the opt out link suggests to recipients that we won’t send them survey invitations in the future. Managing a master opt-out list has become a very tedious process, is a major hurdle to every email survey we run.

Leave a Reply