Anchors across page breaks | XM Community
Solved

Anchors across page breaks

• 6 November 2018
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

I am trying to create a wiki-like environment where people taking the survey can link back and forth between various informational statements before answering questions. I can successfully do this with HTML anchors when all questions and information are on one long page without a page break, but as soon as I ask for each thing to be its own page, it doesn't work (understandably).

How can I link to other pages in the survey then?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by TomG 6 November 2018, 09:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
The only way to navigate to other pages in the survey is to use a table of contents:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/advanced-elements/table-of-contents/

I don't think a table of contents is a good choice for what you want to do. Maybe you could use tooltips where the contents are piped from other questions in the survey.
Would I be able to track with the metrics when they called on that pipe? That might work if I could...
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @isle13 said:
> Would I be able to track with the metrics when they called on that pipe? That might work if I could...

Not that easily. If you used a script to do tooltips you could have it keep a counter of the number of times it was hovered over or clicked in an embedded variable.

Leave a Reply