Nested Multiple-Choice Questions within Multiple Choice Questions | XM Community
Question

Nested Multiple-Choice Questions within Multiple Choice Questions

• 6 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Has anyone figured out a way to create MC Question that open to another MC selection. Similar to a drill down but with multiple choices. My current solution for this involves questions without wording, however it is not very scale-able and gets messy especially for Dashboard creation.

Alternatively, I have dabbled in some JavaScript along with the matrix, profile multi-choice question. The flaws in this approach is that the first "choice" is "toggled" but not recorded, still messy dashboard creation , and the "extra, empty" choices need to be hidden by code like this:

jQuery(".ChoiceRow:eq(3) .c12").remove();

Is there a way to define the data into the dashboard that would allow for cleaner dashboard for method 1 or just a way to create real MC nested questions.

Edit: See below for example for nested MC question

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Do you mean to rebase the questions in dashboard based on your multiple choice question.

If yes better approach is to show questions percentages on total base. Or you can make original multi question as a clickable filter.
@bansalpeeyush29 What I am trying to create are questions that for example look like this:

1. Please select areas we can improve on:
- Sales Process
* Set Expectations
* Demo
* Billing
- Support
* Response time
* Adequate responses
* POC reached
* Ease
- Product
* Implementation
* Features

All these choices can be selected and the ones that are on the second level will only appear when the corresponding level above it is selected. Currently this is created with each of the first lv ones being separate individual questions without a question prompt and the second level ones are display logic. It's hard to analyze the first lv answers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
For first set you can calculate NETs like for Product you can show counts like if(implementation =1 or Features=1) for this in vocalize you can make custom metric or you can created embedded variables within survey
Hi, I met the same question as you, tchen. If possible, would you please share the solution about how to fix it?
Badge +1

Would love to hear any resolution on this!

Leave a Reply