How to carry forward answers from a drill down question? | XM Community
Solved

How to carry forward answers from a drill down question?

• 6 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Dear Qualtrics Community, I need help using Java or any other type of language that allows you to carry over answers from a drill down question.
My drill down question has 5 fields, I need to capture the user choices, but Qualtrics tools don't have this capability. I believe using Java, CSS might be the answer but I need help. I tried many different options to go around this but nothing works.
Please if anybody has come across this issue in the past please help!
I have attached a PDF that will explain what I am trying to do.

Thanks
Galo
icon

Best answer by Eesh 6 November 2018, 18:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@guerrergguerrerg, You can achieve this by using embedded data. You may need to create 5 embedded variable s and then capture response from 5 fields individually. This is just one alternative. You can explore more on drill downs using below link: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/specialty-questions/drill-down/

Hope this helps.
Dear Eesh,
Thanks so much for your help, I actually got it to work by using piped text. I am not sure why I was not able to use it before, but I had to start a clean survey from scratch and it did the work for me. None the less I very much appreciate your help.
Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
You are most welcome. 🙂
@eesh I tried using this approach, but I received this error message:

3206 answer rows were imported successfully.
This Drill Down question has many answers. You will not be able to base any logic off this question.

Do you know what's happening here?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@HE_Survey - it seems 3206 answers have been imported successfully. However you can't put base any logic on this question. Considering it has more than 3206 rows. Could you please clarify, on your use case requirement? So, that I can explore it further.
Is 3206 too many rows? I need to be able to tag embedded data off of the answers to the drill down question but I received that error message and then I couldn't pipe the question answer into embedded data
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
If your Drill Down file contains more than 1,000 rows, you will not be able to use the Drill Down question in Piped Text, Display Logic, or Carry Forward.

Leave a Reply