Worried because completed responses show as empty | XM Community
Solved

Worried because completed responses show as empty

• 7 November 2018
  • 5 replies

I am running an experiment at a school for which participants sign up for using a Qualtrics survey. This was going fine for two weeks. Starting yesterday, three new completed responses were added that are completely empty of information. Very weird. I have no means of finding out who filled out the forms or how to contact them. I know they are legitimate responses because one of them e-mailed me and they took the average amount of time needed to fill out the form.
Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone before?
- Mandy
icon

Best answer by TomG 7 November 2018, 15:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@mltjew Can it be that you have in the survey settings that the unfinished responses are to be automatically recorded 2 weeks after the last activity or something similar?
That is indeed the case. However, I delete the partial responses regularly, so they are never recorded as complete. The three new complete responses showed up yesterday. When I look at their responses, it states that other than the welcome page, none of my questions were shown to the respondent, which is unlikely based on the time spent filling out the survey...
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@mltjew - In Survey Options, at the bottom of the page, you can configure what happens with partial responses. You may want to delete them after one week or extend the amount of time before they get written to your response data.

I'm having the same problem. Did you find what was wrong?

Badge

Hi anasil! If you have not yet already, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to handle an issue like this!

Leave a Reply