User Guidelines

VirginiaMVirginiaM Boone, North CarolinaCommunity Member Guru ✭✭

User Guidelines

I am the brand administrator for our Qualtrics account and up until recently all of the licensed users worked in my office (Institutional Assessment and Research). This made it easy to train new users and make sure they were using the software responsibly. Then, a few months ago, we purchased an additional 5 licenses and decided to let faculty and grad students use them on a temporary basis to conduct research. The unspoken rule was that they were only supposed to use the software for IRB approved research--what I found is that they are administering surveys for their own personal use.

My goal is to develop a set of user guidelines specific to our university and have all new Qualtrics users read and agree to them before they are given access. Does anyone currently have something like this in place? If so, what guidelines do you include? How has it been received?

Comments

• JulieTJulieT WisconsinFounding Community Member Sage ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@VirginiaM we have a 26 college/university system-wide license. Every student and faculty member has access to Qualtrics. Our university made the decision that every survey has be to approved by IRB. They are the only ones who can activate surveys. I know when faculty transfer from other institutions they are surprised and annoyed, but it's been an effective way to control survey flow.

• dlivelydlively Community Member Qubie ✭
    Accepted Answer

We are set up pretty much the same as VirginiaM. We allow all faculty and staff to have access to create surveys but they must obtain IRB approval to distribute them. If a student wants access, they must have a faculty sponsor to request access and then go through IRB. This works very well for us.

• dlivelydlively Community Member Qubie ✭
    edited January 2018
  • VirginiaMVirginiaM Boone, North CarolinaCommunity Member Guru ✭✭

@dlively do you have any trouble enforcing the required IRB approval? Has there ever been an instance where a survey was administered without approval? If so, what happened?

Sign In to Comment