Javascript code for show and hide information | XM Community
Solved

Javascript code for show and hide information

• 8 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi all,
I plan to provide information below my question by using a picture after the multiple choice question. I hide the information through Display Logic. I attached the screenshot. If people choose, "yes, show the evidence example", a picture will be shown. !. I would like to ask if it is possible for me to hide the picture again. Some people said to me to use JS code. Can someone help me with what I should put in the Java script code? I am not familiar using javascript.
Thank you very much for your help.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 November 2018, 13:37

View original

3 replies

Hello @Sherly ,

Paste the below code in the js(OnReady) of the multichoice question
Assuming the first option of multichoice question enables hide/show property of example image question. Also, the page have only two questions i.e Multichoice question and example image question

var that=this.questionId;
jQuery("#QID2").hide();
jQuery("#"+ this.questionId+" input[type='radio']").on('change',function(){
if(jQuery("[id='QR~"+that+"~1']").prop('checked')){
jQuery("#QID2").show();
}else{
jQuery("#QID2").hide();
}
});

Replace "QID2" with the question ID of the example image question
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Sherly,

If I understand your question correctly, you don't need JavaScript. Make your "Show the evidence" question multi-select. Then your evidence picture is a descriptive text question with in-page display logic that shows when "show evidence" is selected. When someone unselects "show evidence" the descriptive text question will be re-hidden.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I tried that one! Thanks @TomG and @Shashi !

Leave a Reply