How to obtain IP address in the data export | XM Community
Solved

How to obtain IP address in the data export

• 9 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
My understanding is that IP address is collected by default for the survey that uses the anonymous link. However, information on the IP address did not show in the excel file when I exported the data. It only showed ********. I did not make any changes in survey options, so I am just wondering if someone could help me and let me know how I can see the IP addresses. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 15 November 2018, 22:08

View original

7 replies

Hello @vc337

It may be possible you have checked Anonymize Response in survey options
Badge
Hi Shashi,

Thank you for the quick response, I double checked and the box about Anonymize Response is unchecked, which is why I am a little bit confused.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you are getting *** which means for Anonymous link, IP address is not getting store...
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
My understanding of the Anonymous link is that it does not record any info except for the answers, thus no possible to get IP address
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @vc337! There are a few reasons why you may see ***** in your data, and one of which is because of the Anonymize Response feature. If you have not yet already, you will also want to reach out to your Brand Administrator to make sure your View Restricted Data permission is enabled.
Badge
Thanks, everyone!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can copy the IP Address to an embedded variable, then it will be saved just like any other embedded variable. In your survey flow:
```
ip_address = ${loc://IPAddress}
```

Leave a Reply