How to Calculate Elapsed Time for an Activity from Start/End Time | XM Community
Solved

How to Calculate Elapsed Time for an Activity from Start/End Time

• 13 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
Hi Everyone,

I'm running into a situation where I need to eventually calculate elapsed time from reported start and end time of an activity (hunting in this case). I can not find any way to easily include a question for start and end time that will allow me to calculate total elapsed time for the activity on the back end.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to ask the start/end time question to be able to calculate elapsed time later (or in the survey)?

I am not a developer so I'll need to be walked through the process if it's complex.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 13 November 2018, 22:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
In survey flow, you can capture the current date and time in the embedded data.

So, before the block have an embedded data (such as) "startDate" and assign the current date and time (you can do this by clicking on set value as and it will give you date & time option)
Likewise, after the block have another embedded data (such as) "end Date" and assign the current date and time (you can do this by clicking on set value as and it will give you date & time option)

Later, you should be able to calculate the time difference between "endDate" and "startDate"

Leave a Reply