Retake link for partial response | XM Community
Solved

Retake link for partial response

• 14 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi all,
I want to do a retake link for survey response. I am using an email trigger to do this. I already create a condition for the retake link. I don't know why it did not work. I attach the screenshot.
Could someone help me with this?
Thank you very much.!
!
icon

Best answer by MsIreen 14 November 2018, 13:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
A partial complete will only cause an Email Trigger to send an email if the trigger has a condition that was met by the partial complete. Otherwise, partial completes will not cause an Email trigger to send an email when recorded.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
You have "On survey complete" on the top of your triggers. So if the response has not been completed, the triggers will not work.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi @MsIreen . I know. But I could not change it. What I did is just inserting the conditions which I have put on that list.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Sherly, yes, unfortunately, it only works for the completed ones, and if i remember correctly even if the partial survey response has been automatically recorded it still will not trigger the email.

Have you considered scheduling reminders instead? I see that you have a lot of conditions, so this may be also not an option for you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi @Mslreen. Thank you for your reply. I actually do this, in case they want to do the survey in another device, so, the link can be sent to their email. Because for save and continue, we could not do it in other devices. Do you have any experience on this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Sherly i know. The save and continue is based on cookies, so there is no way to go around it, unfortunately, even if the respondent is using the same device, but a different browser, unless individual link is used.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@MsIreen ! Thanks! I managed to do that. I can skip to the end of the survey and get the response. But now, I don't know why my retake link is not working. I will ask support team. Thanks for this!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Sherly I remember we had an issue with the retake link, but it was a while ago, and there were some misleading instructions on the support page. I guess it has been fixed since

Leave a Reply