Piped text from constant sum answers | XM Community
Solved

Piped text from constant sum answers

• 14 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I have a sizeable constant sum question (with 20+ answer choices) where I ask respondents to input how they allocate their time across the 20+ activities, with the answers totaling to 100%. I want to then follow-up with a matrix table question asking the respondents their satisfaction with the activities where they spend greater than 0% of their time. I anticipate respondents entering percentages for a few of the 20+ answer choices and want to make sure I pipe in only those answers greater than 0 as the "statement" choices into the follow-up matrix table question.

The standard piped question options doesn't offer a 'survey question' > 'choice with value > 0' choice, so was wondering if there is a way to code this in. Thanks ahead of time for the help!
icon

Best answer by TomG 15 November 2018, 02:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
On your Matrix question use Carry Forward Statements. Then choose Choice Responses - Greater Than and type in 0.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Can you sum the carry forward information?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/39917#Comment_39917Sorry, I don't follow. Presumably you have validation on your constant sum to make sure the statements sum to 100. All the greater than 0 statements you carry forward to the matrix will sum to 100. Why do you need to sum them?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Okay, I have a Matrix (Sunday - Saturday). The student enters their hours worked for each day for each week. I want the next question to sum to total of the two weeks. Constant Sum won't allow me to pick those totalled fields and sum them, so I don't know what to do.I thought maybe carryforward might work better.

Leave a Reply