Clustering and how to map cluster categories to respondents | XM Community
Solved

Clustering and how to map cluster categories to respondents

• 15 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I've just completed clustering in Stats IQ and now I need to export a list of all individual respondents and which cluster they belong to. I've created a variable for the clusters but can't add it as a column in the "Data" tab under Stats IQ for exporting. I also tried seeing whether I can import "contact list" (where we have the email address and unique user ID of each of the survey respondents) into the "Analysis" tab of Stats IQ (so I can use "Describe" to map the Cluster variable against User ID and then export that), but I don't think it's possible to do that.

Does anyone have any ideas? Again, my aim is to export a csv of all User IDs for all my respondents, as well as which Cluster they belong to from my analysis.
icon

Best answer by Pat 23 November 2018, 10:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I have been facing a similar issue lately. Maybe this could help, although it might seem slightly complicated....the User ID (rom the contact list) needs to be set as embedded data in the survey flow. Then, you can relate the User IDs and cluster variable using Stats IQ. Afterwards, export this cross table from Stats IQ and export the rest of the data (using the legacy exporter). In Excel, you can merge the cluster variable to the rest of the data and save a csv copy (or upload this to your project - using the legacy importer - and use it for further analysis).

Leave a Reply