Can Qualtrics act as a random link generator? | XM Community
Solved

Can Qualtrics act as a random link generator?

• 17 November 2018
  • 5 replies

I want to conduct research where participants are allocated to one of three random conditions after clicking on an identical link to participate. I want my participants to watch a different video clip for each condition and then to answer questions on it (the questions for each of the videos are the same - only the video itself is different) and I want to ensure that the condition (i.e. which video they watched) is accessible so I can compare mean responses among the three conditions (videos watched). Is this possible to do on Qualtrics or will I need a basic external website which links to the questionnaires?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 21 November 2018, 05:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can use randomizer in your survey flow and choose 1 of 3.

Make 3 blocks and put in randomizer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please follow the below documentation for randomizer...

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/randomizer/#AddingARandomizer

- You should have 3 videos in 3 separate blocks. 1 video in 1 block.
- In survey flow, add randomizer and put all 3 video blocks in it and select "Evenly present elements"
- Use "Group" element and put video block in Group. 1 video to 1 group element
- Now, within each group, you can add embedded data and assign a value to it based on video name. The embedded data for each group should be the same, only the value for it will be different (based on the video)

This embedded data will help to know, which video is displayed to the respondent.
Thanks! Will this work if I decide that I want to have multiple videos for each condition?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, it will you just have to put the video in their own block and include that block within the specific group element.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, it will you just have to put the video in their own block and include that block within the specific group element.

Leave a Reply