Add a field in iQ Directory based on survey completion when no question in the survey | XM Community
Solved

Add a field in iQ Directory based on survey completion when no question in the survey

• 19 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Dear Qualtrics Community,

I'm setting up a double opt-in process for emails in my panel. The process is as below:
1. Participants take the registration survey. Their fields (e.g. first name, email address, language...) are stored in a Contact List when they submitt the survey.
2. When being added to this Contact list, they immediately receive an email (using the Message Trigger feature).
3. In this email, there is a link to another Qualtrics survey, where ideally they have nothing to do. The goal is that just by clicking on the link they confirm the email address provided in the registration survey. To make this happen, I set up in the Survey Flow an End Of Survey message - there is no question in the survey = no action required from the participant. Only clicking on the link make them being double opted-in.
4. However, I want to add a field in my Contact List "Double Opt-In = Yes" for people who open (and hence finish) this survey. Participants who complete the survey should be Double Opted In.

Do you have any ideas on how to achieve this?

Many thanks,

Anna
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 20 November 2018, 15:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
In your Second survey add an "Embedded data" (you can name it anything "Double _Opt_in") and provide value as "Yes" and through Contact list trigger add the embedded field in the contact list which you want to.
Thanks @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam! Good idea!

Leave a Reply