How do I have to distribute a survey to a contactlist with personalized links? | XM Community
Solved

How do I have to distribute a survey to a contactlist with personalized links?

• 25 November 2018
  • 9 replies

I want to send my survey invitation to the contactlist I created. I created personalized links for the participants. However, it is not clear to me what I have to do now. Do I have to create a seperate email for every contact and copy the personalized link from Excel into this email? And If I do it like that, than how does Qualtrics send a reminder / thank you email? How do I have to do this?

Or is it possible to make one email as a survey invitation to all contacts? But how do they receive their personalized links than? And how do I have to arrange reminder emails and thank you emails in this matter?

Furthermore, in my account the survey says ‘’pause response collection’’. What does this mean and do I have to change it before sending the emails + links to the contacts?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 25 November 2018, 15:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Instead of personal links, please use email distribution. It will take care of all your requirement (i.e. single email, reminders, thank you)

Below is the documentation to refer:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/emails-overview/

Regarding Pause response collection, please refer below documentation:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/collecting-responses/#PausingResponseCollection
Dear Mohammed,

Thank you for your quick response. Do I understand correctly? So if I click on ''distributions'' and then ''compose email - distribute survey by email'', I develop an email for the whole contact list. At the end of this email I can click''show advanced options''. If I click on individual link under advanced options, does every contact (I have a list of 42 contacts) rceive the same email but with a different individual link? Does Qualtrics send automatically a different individual link to every contact of my contact list?

If so, do I have to delete the personalized links I already developed for these contacts under the tab ''distributions'' - ''personalized links''?

Kind regards,

Simone Paulis
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, your understanding (regarding email distribution) is absolutely correct...

Yes, you can delete the personalized link, it's of no use.
Okay, thank you. So when I open an email, there is already a link in the text screen. I do not need to change anything on this link? Only put some information above this link (which I want to add about my study) and click on the individual link and fill in the expire date of the link under ''advanced options'' and send to the whole contact list? It sounds very easy like that 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, your understanding is correct, it is very easy... 🙂
Still I have 1 question. What is the difference between creating/sending a personalized link and sending an individual link through email distribution? what are the pro and cons? With the individual link I can also link answers to a specific person, send reminders, tha k you
Also, is it possible to distribute the survey in multiple ways -- i.e. distribute via email link and then separately send other emails with an anonymous link (i.e. to a listserv that you do not have access to the individual emails from the listserv members?) Is it possible to know whether responses were generated from people who accessed it via the anonymous link versus the email distribution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Ucsf you can use embedded data in the mailing list, for example, "FeedbackType"= Email Distribution, and set up a query string in the anonymous link as ?FeedbackType=Link. This way you will be able to filter the results. Don't forget to add the field name in the survey flow, otherwise the field will not appear in the data set. More info you can find ont he support pages: https://qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings/
https://qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data/

Hi. My question is regarding the listserv email & distribution reminders.
If we want to use the listserv email address, do we have to go with the "anonymous link" rather than the individual email link?
Can I use distributions -emails -compose email - to: listserv email address?
Then, does everyone would receive the reminders or can I set a system so that someone who has not participate in the survey only receive reminders?

Leave a Reply