How do I get matrix table question to arrange vertically? | XM Community
Solved

How do I get matrix table question to arrange vertically?

• 26 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Several times, on accident, I've had one or two matrix table questions arrange the choices vertically instead of horizontally. It doesn't do it for all questions but I much prefer the way it looks, especially if my scale points have rather wordy text. I've spent a long time comparing the questions that Qualtrics arranged vertically with the unchanged matrix questions in the same survey, and I can't find a rhyme or reason. All questions have the same validation, stipulations, etc. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Ps. This is on the desktop survey view that I am finding this anomaly, not mobile displayed questions - though all my questions are "checked" Mobile Friendly.
icon

Best answer by TomG 26 November 2018, 16:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Checking "Transpose" changes the answers to rows and the choices to columns.
The Matrix Table will display in the Accordion Format (vertically) if the table is too large to fit on the screen. In order to always view your table vertically you have to make the table too large to fit a computer screen; you can do that by adjusting the width of the column containing your statements, making it bigger than what you actually need.

!

Leave a Reply