Randomizing blocks between a set block | XM Community
Solved

Randomizing blocks between a set block

• 26 November 2018
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

I am trying to figure out how to randomize questionnaires so that they are randomly presented before and after a manipulation. For example, my study has 10 questionnaires and a presentation of two videos (each with manipulation check questions before and after and also randomly presented one after the other). I would like to set up the qualtrics flow so that a random 5 questionnaires are presented before the videos and the remaining 5 are presented after.

I have read through the help page on the randomizer function, but I am having trouble figuring out how this would look for my specific survey flow.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 26 November 2018, 23:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You should have video in its own block...

Then in survey flow, have 5 blocks (questionnaires) within the randomizer then have video block and then again have randomizer with 5 blocks (questionnaires) within it.

It will be very helpful if you provide us the survey flow screenshot.
Hello @Hunter ,

Assuming you want randomization on all 10 question.

You can have 11 blocks- 1 for each question(10 blocks) and 1 for video.
In the randomizer add all the 10 blocks and set randomly present as "5". As soon as a question is displayed set an embedded data for that question as "1". Duplicate the randomizer and add a branch logic before every block as embedded data for that question is not equal to "1".
See the attached QSF for reference.
Preview Link
I have a similar question, and that is really helpful!

One more question: is it possible to customize the question right after the video (e.g., letting the question reflect the content of the video)?

Thank you!

> @Shashi said:
> Hello @Hunter ,
>
> Assuming you want randomization on all 10 question.
>
> You can have 11 blocks- 1 for each question(10 blocks) and 1 for video.
> In the randomizer add all the 10 blocks and set randomly present as "5". As soon as a question is displayed set an embedded data for that question as "1". Duplicate the randomizer and add a branch logic before every block as embedded data for that question is not equal to "1".
> See the attached QSF for reference.
> Preview Link
>
>
>

Leave a Reply