Sen d email trigger with single response as pdf | XM Community
Solved

Sen d email trigger with single response as pdf

• 27 November 2018
  • 15 replies

Hey there,
is it possible to include the response of just a single participant as a pdf in the triggered email?

thanks in advance, Michael
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 27 November 2018, 16:01

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
If there is a way to identify that participant in the data set then you can add a condition to the email trigger (see image below). I used an email in this example, but an ID number, name, etc. could also work. If you have no identifying information in your data set then I'm not sure how to do this.
!
Thank you for your answer @VirginiaM but unfortunately this does not help me. Maybe I did not express myself clearly: Background is that I use the questionnaire as a form in which colleagues can fill in certain information as a project-briefing. So if they do this I then want to get an email with that project brief as a pdf.
So the question is, if/how I can add the filled questionnaire as a pdf to the email.
Hope this is clearer. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@mlagler it won't attach but you can do the following to get a link to insert into a trigger email that opens up a PDF of the response summary.

1. In your project navigate to Data & Analysis
2. Pick any row and under Actions choose Export to PDF
3. Set your orientation and page size then click Export
4. Copy the URL
5. Navigate to Survey Editor
6. Under Tools select Email Triggers
7. Paste the URL in the body of the email
8. Highlight the portion that has R_... up to /pdf?
9. Use piped text to replace this with the Response ID

EG - the URL for one of my surveys is:
https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/responses/legacy/responses/R_tW2wzVoqeAEhZHb/pdf?orientation=Portrait&pageSize=Letter&surveyId=SV_dipstcY8LBX0Ptj

The edited URL is:
https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/responses/legacy/responses/${e://Field/ResponseID}/pdf?orientation=Portrait&pageSize=Letter&surveyId=SV_dipstcY8LBX0Ptj
Dear @bstrahin thank you a lot! This is a great solution!
br, Michael
Badge +1
> @bstrahin said:
> @mlagler it won't attach but you can do the following to get a link to insert into a trigger email that opens up a PDF of the response summary.
>
> 1. In your project navigate to Data & Analysis
> 2. Pick any row and under Actions choose Export to PDF
> 3. Set your orientation and page size then click Export
> 4. Copy the URL
> 5. Navigate to Survey Editor
> 6. Under Tools select Email Triggers
> 7. Paste the URL in the body of the email
> 8. Highlight the portion that has R_... up to /pdf?
> 9. Use piped text to replace this with the Response ID
>
> EG - the URL for one of my surveys is:
> https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/responses/legacy/responses/R_tW2wzVoqeAEhZHb/pdf?orientation=Portrait&pageSize=Letter&surveyId=SV_dipstcY8LBX0Ptj
>
> The edited URL is:
> https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/responses/legacy/responses/${e://Field/ResponseID}/pdf?orientation=Portrait&pageSize=Letter&surveyId=SV_dipstcY8LBX0Ptj

This worked beautifully until about a week ago. Any chance you have an updated workaround?
Hello! I am trying this method but getting errors becasue my response URL's are like this
file:///Users/AJM/Downloads/R_Y4Vd8EDr1OBue1b%20(1).pdf

Any ideas on how to get this as an actual URL?
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
If this response id pdf link method does work, is there someway you can think of to customize that response report? I am trying to create an agreement/contract in Qualtrics and I want for participants to get a final version of the agreement. The response report would look really messy and not very useful if not fixed.
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
@over3520 Did you get this resolved? I'm thinking you would just make the agreement/contract the body of the email and then include any information needed via embedded data
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
@mklubeck It definitely could be workable in an email, but because it is a legal agreement, we want that to be a pdf.
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
@bstrahin so it looks like now when you go to do an Export of PDF, you get a download...not a url. Any suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@mklubeck I do not. I have seen on related threads that the answer is API but I am not a coder so the loss of this function is disappointing.
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
@bstrahin agreed! Did you add this to the Product Idea list? If so I'll up vote it! I'm still hunting to see if there's a way around the change...I'll post here if I find one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@mklubeck I don't remember adding it to the Product Idea list, but that is a great idea. Would you take the lead in writing it up?
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

bstrahin has there been any update to adding this back in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Heith not that I am aware of or have been able to find on community. I no loner use this feature and it still doesn't look like it has been added to the Product Idea section but certainly could be with reference looped back to this discussion. Since I won't be using this feature, I am still not looking to take the lead in writing up the the Product Idea response but would contribute if someone else gets it started.

Leave a Reply