Hyperlink in piped text (as embedded data) not working? | XM Community
Solved

Hyperlink in piped text (as embedded data) not working?

• 27 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hi everyone,

I'm using piped text to include a link in a "end of survey" message. I have it conceptually set up like this:

--[Text to display] <- Hyperlinked to ${e://Field/survey1link}
--For the purposes of this test, I set the survey1link = http://www.google.com
--Target of the hyperlink is a new window

When I test the survey, clicking [Text to display] appears to do absolutely nothing. But if right-click that text and open the link in a new window, www.google.com loads right up. Same experience in Chrome and Internet Explorer. It doesn't appear to be a pop-up blocker issue.

Thanks for your help! Any ideas about what I'm missing?
icon

Best answer by NickVEIC 27 November 2018, 23:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Resolved! I neglected to add these embedded data variables in the survey flow. Surprisingly, they still sort of worked then I set their values via URL (as described above with the Google link opening but only via a new tab).
Hello @NickVEIC ,

Can you try adding below code in the source(<>) editor of the end of survey message.

`<a href="${e://Field/survey1link} " target="_blank">Text to display</a>`
Badge +2

Hi - I’m trying to use piped text to include a link in the body of a survey. I believe I’ve got the embedded data set up in the survey flow -- but I have tried both methods listed here and both have resulted in error messages. Can you provide more info on how you set up the embedded data? I’m a fairly new user so am wondering if I did not set it up correctly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi @hshere ,

After creating the embedded data in the survey flow containing hyperlink:

After this open rich content editor :

This will show the hyperlink in the survey.

Hope this resolves your query😊!!

Leave a Reply