Salesforce integration multi look-up relationship objects in a survey | XM Community
Solved

Salesforce integration multi look-up relationship objects in a survey

• 29 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Answer Accepted
Hi, I have a integration question. I am mapping a survey that needs insert Account and Contact into Salesforce. And there is a look up relationship between account and contact. How can I get the saved Account ID to map the field AccountID of Contact? There is any solution?
icon

Best answer by Kate 30 November 2018, 16:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
For our integration, I pull both the ContactID and AccountID. They do have a relationship in SF, but it really helps to send both back into the survey response object.

Is the survey triggering from SF to the respondent? If yes then that data should added as embedded data with the panelist in Qualtrics. But it's not going to look like it does in SF, it will be using the back-end field name. So rather than saying "AccountID" the field in Qualtircs will read "sfAccountId" or "sfAccountId__c". You just need to match the right ID up.

If no, you just need to find the right field to associate with your panelist when you import them.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi @Kate Thanks for your quickly reply.

The survey is triggering by Link. And I don't need a embedded data to store Account Id or Contact Id. I just want to insert an Account to Salesforce and meanwhile insert a Contact that has look up relationship with the Account. So how can I get the just saved Account Id to associate with the Contact ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Ah! I see now. I tried to explore that with the opportunity object once upon a time- create Contact + Opportunity and link them... I wasn't able to get it to work, personally. Perhaps the Integrations team at qualtrics is able to help? Or someone else on here.

Good luck to you. I look forward to learning the answer as well.
Badge +1

Hey MAFTeam , We are stuck up in a similar situation and not sure how to relate two object records in Salesforce through Qualtrics mapping. Did you find out a way for this? If so, can you please share your thoughts? Thank you!

Leave a Reply