How to get the sum of a numeric question. | XM Community
Solved

How to get the sum of a numeric question.

• 30 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to collect information on the number of people under a certain income limit. This limit is based on the number of persons in a family. If a family income is under this limit I want the response to count for each person in the family (ie if a 5 person family is under the limit I want it to count 5 people under the limit).

Ultimately I need the percentage of people (not families) that are under this limit. I am currently using an embedded data field to calculate the number of people under the limit (family size*a binary variable of above or below the limit). But I cannot figure out a way to use the analysis crosstabs or reports to get the percentage of people that fall under the limit. Ideally this analysis would be done inside qualtrics without the need for exporting.

Any help with the matter would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Kate 3 December 2018, 15:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Unless you have Vocalize, Qualtrics will not be able to do the multiplication of people, then the subsequent division for you. You will have to export or find a dashboarding software.

But you can at least identify the Low Income individuals to make it easier.

After your question about income set an embedded data variable to trigger when the answer <= your threshold and mark them as "Low Income". You can even set levels for "Mid" or "High" income if you want. That will help you create your cross tabs a little faster.

Not the answer you wanted, but hopefully at least makes things a bit simpler for you.

Leave a Reply