Can embedded data be survey specific | XM Community
Solved

Can embedded data be survey specific

• 3 December 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm using Salesforce Integration.
When passing the Survey Recipient I can include Salesforce Data.
What I am doing is passing the ID of the Opportunity that initiated the Survey. This appears to be stored on the Contact record in Qualtrics.
If I send multiple invites to Unique Surveys triggered from different Opportunities is the embedded data Specific to the Survey or Specific to the Contact.

e,g,
HatSurvey is triggered from ProductHatOpportunity to Leslie Jones and passes the OpportunityID xxxxxxxxID, on completion xxxxxxxxID is updated to Survey Complete.
CheeseEaterSurvey is triggered from ProductCheeseOpportunity to Leslie Jones and passes the OpportunityID yyyyyyyyID. on completion yyyyyyyyID is updated to Survey Complete.
Is the triggering OpportunityID xxxxxxxxID overwritten by yyyyyyyyID when the second survey triggered or is the embedded data survey specific?
icon

Best answer by Kate 3 December 2018, 15:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Are you using DirectoryIQ? It will overwrite IF you have contact de-duplication turned on. Which is kind of recommended if you're using the integration, but... if for some reason you needed to keep it you can keep it off. Just know that you know have 2 "Leslie Jones" in your Directory.

If you are not using directoryIQ then it should remain survey-specific with no overwriting at all.

Leave a Reply