Solved

Email-trigger if someone uses opt-out link

• 4 December 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 44 replies
Can I get set up an email notification if someone opts out?
icon

Best answer by Kate 6 December 2018, 14:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can know this information by exporting contact list with variable unsubscribe which if equals to 1 means respondent opt out. Triggering I think can be done using another survey.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> You can know this information by exporting contact list with variable unsubscribe which if equals to 1 means respondent opt out. Triggering I think can be done using another survey.

Thanks! I know how to pull the list of unsubscribers, but instead of checking whether there are new entries, I was looking for a "push" option to be notified if someone has been added to the list. Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I don't think this is possible. Sounds like a feature request to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi @Pat , @PeeyushBansal ,
did you ever figure this out?
I'd need a push mechanism, not to trigger an email but to trigger a webservice for opting out that person in our central permission management system. So manually pulling a list isn't enough.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi @JoycaV,
no I havent. Seems as if most feature requests are not followed up by Qualtrics. And in the help section, I also found a description how to set it up (Set email trigger if opt-out condition is fulfilled) - but it just doesnt work automatically ... I am still pulling the opt-outs manually, although the functionality should be quite easy to implement.
However, if you are able to find a solution, it would be great to let me know 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
We have been working on an opt-out survey that would opt-out a person from the directory. If this survey is used, one can use an email trigger on survey complete
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@Pat , as @MsIreen sais, I also found this topic afterwards:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/22174#Comment_22174
which explains you can use a link to a dedicated survey instead of the default opt-out link, and then have that survey trigger actions, like email notifications or webservice calls (to Qualtrics XM directory OR another Customer Preference management tool like your CRM/Marketing/CustomerDataCloud-Gigya system)
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
*Oops, just a copy of something already said. **

@Pat

It is a bit clunky, but you could build another survey that is just a message explaining that what they are opting out of with an end of survey redirect to the actual opt-out link. You could then build triggers off of this survey whenever a survey is completed.

Note - you will still need the actual opt-out link to exist in the email invites for it to be valid by Quatlrics logic, but you can mask that by changing the size and color of the opt-out link to white and 1px (via HTML editor... 8pt font, which is the lowest that rich content editor will go is is 11px).

Leave a Reply