How do I customise the wording of a question based on responses to a previous question? | XM Community
Solved

How do I customise the wording of a question based on responses to a previous question?

• 6 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I don't simply want to pipe through the previous answer, I want to flex the wording based on the previous response
icon

Best answer by Kate 6 December 2018, 14:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Create a branch flow so that if SelectedAnswer=2 then Embedded data category WORDCHOICE1=A. If SelectedAnswer=2 then Embedded data category WORDCHOICE1=B. Then pipe in the needed embedded data into the needed space where the wording needs to change.

That's a little vague, so feel free to ask questions if that doesn't make sense. Maybe give an example of what you're trying to do so we can show you in screenshots
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@GraemeH , The only other option would be to use formula as Ternary operator. An expression a ? b : c evaluates to b if the value of a is true, and otherwise to c. This is advisable for limited no of options in the answer list else we have to use pipe in function. Hope this helps!
> @Kate said:
> Create a branch flow so that if SelectedAnswer=2 then Embedded data category WORDCHOICE1=A. If SelectedAnswer=2 then Embedded data category WORDCHOICE1=B. Then pipe in the needed embedded data into the needed space where the wording needs to change.
>
> That's a little vague, so feel free to ask questions if that doesn't make sense. Maybe give an example of what you're trying to do so we can show you in screenshots

Thanks Kate, I think that makes sense, will try it out

Leave a Reply