Text Entry Question type | XM Community
Question

Text Entry Question type

• 6 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone,

I have a question that asks: please select your primary PC, and the user is presented with options(pc names) that pertain to them.
My next question (matrix table form) uses carry forward logic to take the unselected choices from the prior question and asks the user to select the use sub-category for those PC's (dropdown format).
I want my next question to take the PC names where the user selected "Other" under sub-category in the prior question and have text boxes next to the PC names and have the user provide a description of why they selected "other" in the prior question. How can I achieve this? I tried carry forward logic and display logic but I couldn't get it to work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Can you maybe post some screenshots of how far you got, or what you've tried? right now it's a little hard (for me at least) to visualize what your use case is.
Tried Display logic
and Carry forward choices
@Kate For my next question, I would like to take the PC names where the user selected "Other" from the dropdown list, and have text boxes for those PC's where they can describe why they selected "Other"
@Kate I've tried display logic, carry forward choices but I can't seem to get it to work.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I'm guessing that the option to use "Other, please specify" and allowing text entry is not allowed in what you are trying to do?

You might be able to solve this easier if you chose to use another question type other than matrix. If you had individual questions for each of the non-selected PCs with choices, it would be easier to do text entry. I'm not sure if this is an option based upon the number of questions you would have to chose, but display logic should be pretty easy to set up with that methodology.

Leave a Reply