Is it possible to get a count of complete responses through the API? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to get a count of complete responses through the API?

• 12 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
I am accessing response counts of a survey through the Get Survey API, but all I can see is an overall responseCount. Is there a way to get the count of completed responses only? For example, I have a survey where the responseCount is 2089, but I know that only 1719 respondents finished the survey. I have an embedded variable called "complete", so I basically want a response count for the responses where complete == 1.
icon

Best answer by epeterson 19 December 2018, 17:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
That's a great question! I don't think currently any open API provide this functionality. If you can share whats the end goal you are trying to achieve, we can think of some alternative.
Badge
I'm just going to multiply the total response count by our typical complete rate to get an estimate.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Has anyone figured out how to get the count of completed responses only by survey?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Tim said:
> Has anyone figured out how to get the count of completed responses only by survey?

You can export all the responses with the API and count them.

A much easier way is to set up a Quota that counts completes. Then use the API to get the quota count.

Leave a Reply