What would be the best question export tag? | XM Community
Solved

What would be the best question export tag?

• 18 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi Qualtrics community!

Currently working on my master thesis and I was wondering what you guys would advice for my question export tags. I have multiple likert scales (matrix tables) and currently my question export tags are set as Q10.1 Q10.2 etc.

What would be the best question export tag in a way that its the most easiest to work with and analyse when I export the data to SPSS/SMARTPLS?

An example of my question:

!

Thank you in advance!
icon

Best answer by Kate 18 December 2018, 15:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
To be honest, I really like the default Q10.1 and full question texts. When it downloads to SPSS your Question number is the Label while the variable is the question text (truncated sometimes with ellipses).

That allows me to then do some easy work in SPSS- I set up a system where the variables I create are all labeled VAR_XXXX. It's super easy to identify Raw Data vs. data I've created.

Furthermore- I spend very little time messing with those categories in Qualtircs which saves on overall project time!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I will say that the thing I _will_ spend time editing through, is coding some of my choices. If I have a "none" or "not applicable" sort of option, I do like to make sure it's coded as something very obvious like "999". that way if I fail to label them as "missing" in SPSS, my data comes back with huge absurd numbers which forces me to go "whoops- that's can't be right. I know what I did."

Leave a Reply