How to modify CSS of radio buttons and check-boxes while using "Plain Jane 2014"/"Blank" theme? | XM Community
Solved

How to modify CSS of radio buttons and check-boxes while using "Plain Jane 2014"/"Blank" theme?

• 21 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
  • Level 3 ●●●
  • 197 replies
Hello everyone,
I have modified style of my radio buttons and check-boxes using CSS while using the Theme "Minimal 2014". However, I didn't like that this theme switches my horizontal multiple choice questions to their vertical versions from the certain width of the browser window. Therefore I switched to "Plain Jane 2014" and it did not apply my CSS style to any radio buttons and check-boxes no matter on question type. All other CSSs are still working. I have tried also the "Blank" theme and radio buttons were same as with "Plain Jane".
Would anyone know how to switch to the same type of radio buttons from "Minimal 2014" but use the "Plain Jane" theme? Eventually, disabling switching to the vertical version of multiple questions would also helped (as I asked here).
Thanks for any ideas

Here is my CSS:

Skin label.q-checkbox,.Skin label.q-radio{border:3px solid #3A2310;}
.Skin label.q-radio.q-checked{background-color:#695224;}
.Skin label.q-checkbox.q-focused,.Skin label.q-radio.q-focused{outline:#695224 dotted thin}
.Skin label.q-radio.q-checked.q-focused{background-color:#695224; box-shadow: 0 0 4pt 2px #695224;
}

.Skin label.q-checkbox.q-checked{
background-image:url("url_of_my_image");
background-position:center center;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
border-width: 3px;
background-color:#F3E0BD;
}

My elements while using "Plain Jane 2014"
!

My elements while using "Simple 2014"
!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 11 February 2019, 18:46

View original

1 reply

Hello @fleb ,

In "Plain Jane 2014" qualtrics uses default HTML5 radio button to display where as in Simple 2014, it uses labels to display radio button functionality. Hence you need to apply the CSS to HTML5 radio button.
For some styling refer here

Leave a Reply