Roster/tables in qualtrics

karecokareco indiaCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Roster/tables in qualtrics

Hi community, I am designing a survey in which I would like the participants to fill in a table (similar to a household roster). Can you please guide me on how can I do it? I dont want to create 10 questions again and again for every name, instead I want to ask them names, and want to qualtrics to ask the 10 questions automatically? Can this be done somehow? Please do help

Best Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Qubie ✭
    edited December 2018 Accepted Answer

Hello @kareco ,

We can create a open ended question (with number and range validation) - To enter the number of people in house.

Create a Side-by-Side question type with desired columns type. Based on the number entered in the first question we can apply option display logic to display required number of rows to user.

• KateKate Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

What kind of questions do you want to ask again and again? Have you explored the Loop and Merge function?:
    https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/loop-and-merge/

I would ask a question first- "How many people in the household?"
    Then set a question to have them name everyone based off that 1st question utilizing the choice display option:

Following that you can use Loop and Merge to ask a concrete set of questions (demographics, etc.) about each person listed.

Answers

• karecokareco indiaCommunity Member Qubie ✭
    edited December 2018

Hi Shashi. thankyou! Okay I got your suggestion. Can you please guide on how can I create a that display option though?.
    thanks

Sign In to Comment