Access Denied Error When Trying to Post Comment

TomGTomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

Access Denied Error When Trying to Post Comment

What would cause the following error when trying to post a comment?

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.qualtrics.com/community/post/comment/?" on this server.
Reference #18.e40c1060.1517330132.22b5a0e9

Tagged:

Comments

• 2baprogrammer2baprogrammer ArizonaCommunity Member - Trial User Guru ✭✭

@TomG have you tried clearing your browser history/cache and re logging in to post? My next guess might be which browser your using. Has anyone else had problems posting?

• AnthonyRAnthonyR Tucson AzFounding Community Member Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@TomG I'd actually venture a guess that this was a symptom of the changeover to SSO that apparently happened today.

• TomGTomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @AnthonyR and @2baprogrammer. Good theories. It turned out that it didn't like the content of the post. Specifically, it doesn't like anything that looks like a url, even if it is marked as code. In this case, I was trying to demonstrate to someone how they would pipe values into a redirect url. I think "Access Denied" is a rather misleading error message.

• AnthonyRAnthonyR Tucson AzFounding Community Member Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@TomG said:
    Thanks @AnthonyR and @2baprogrammer. Good theories. It turned out that it didn't like the content of the post. Specifically, it doesn't like anything that looks like a url, even if it is marked as code. In this case, I was trying to demonstrate to someone how they would pipe values into a redirect url. I think "Access Denied" is a rather misleading error message.

That seems like a bad error at best. And the actual cause might make it even worse. Thanks for sharing!

• TylerKTylerK Community Administrator Administrator

@TomG - would you mind sending me a DM with the content that you were unable to post. I'd like to do some testing on our end to make sure we can get this fixed & other users don't run into it.

• TomGTomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tyler - Sent. Thanks!

• 2baprogrammer2baprogrammer ArizonaCommunity Member - Trial User Guru ✭✭

Ah that makes sense, awesome thanks for sharing the info @TomG

• TylerKTylerK Community Administrator Administrator

I wanted to give an update on this post - we've been working with @TomG to get to the bottom of this one.

The good news is that this doesn't seem to be a widespread community issue. We ran a few different tests and were able to post the content fine. If anyone else does run into this issue, please raise it to me.

Completely agree the error message leaves a lot to be desired - we'll be looking into improving this in the future!

• fstramfstram ArgentinaCommunity Member Qubie ✭
    edited March 29

Hello, I wanted to report on an issue I had: I wanted to post an answer to a question about the qualtrics api, and I got this error message when I typed the word "cur_l" (I separated it with an underscore for obvious reasons), which didn't contain a complete cur_l, it was just a suggestion for him to try it to see if he got any error code.

• LaurenKLaurenK Provo, UTCommunity Administrator Administrator

Hi @fstram! Did you receive the same reference number?

• fstramfstram ArgentinaCommunity Member Qubie ✭

@LaurenK said:
    Hi @fstram! Did you receive the same reference number?

No, it isn't exactly the same reference number. Below I copy the entire error message:

"You don't have permission to access "http://www.qualtrics.com/community/post/editcomment/12864?" on this server.

Reference #18.565d2ac8.1554236636.78f3cc14"

• LaurenKLaurenK Provo, UTCommunity Administrator Administrator

Thanks for letting me know, @fstram! Would you mind sending me a DM with the content that you were unable to post so I can do some additional testing?

Sign In to Comment